Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day from Hell!

What a kak day I had yesterday! I spent all of my morning (like everyone else's evening) trying to upload our maths and English programmes onto 2 new laptops I had bought for the centre, but they would just not load. They would get 99% finished and then script error would come up. I wondered if it was to do with the virus protector but couldn't get rid of it to enable it to load the progs. 3 hours later I had to give up for my own sanity, but it left me just enough time to squeeze in 30 mins pilates, shower, lunch, get packed dinner ready and rush out the door.

When I got to work one of the PCs started making a crazy noise and I nearly cried as I thought that it was going to blow up and 2 PCs had already died on me this week! Thankfully it sorted itself and as a couple of our students had finished in the middle session there were enough PCs to go around! I was so exhausted by that stage that my eyes felt like p*** holes in the snow!

Session 1 and 2 weren't too bad, but by session 3 I was so tired I could have easily put my head down on a desk and fallen asleep. At the end of the 3rd session a parent wanted check up on their kid's progress which I was very happy to be able to update is really starting to take off - really getting his confidence and his understanding of the English language is really maturing; then one of my tutor's needed advice on a student's program which I was happy to support him through, but all meant I couldn't leave until 9.45pm and so wasn't home until 10.45pm.

You would think after all that I would sleep like a baby, but no - a grotty night's sleep! The long and short of all that is I took the executive decision to sit on my backside this morning a chill out before work today!

Phew - I feel better with that off my chest!

Workouts this week so far have been:
35mins Bike spin
30 mins Pilates with 1kg weights as oppossed to 410g of canned beans!!!!)

I would like to also do:
2 x 35-40 mins runs
1 x 30 - 40 mins Pilates

But as I have to work at the centre on Friday instead of at home I may have to drop something - poss the Pilates as I really want to get back into the running - we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment