Wednesday, June 16, 2010

38 Week Midwife Appointment

I had my 38 week midwife appointment which went well. Tummy has grown another 1cm. A lot slower growth (1cm in 2 weeks as opposed to 3cm in 2 weeks) but still growing none the less. Head down, butt out and legs still flailing around. In fact it was moving about so much this morning that it took a while to get the heart beat. It finally calmed down and let us hear it's wee heart beating away.

I was wondering when I would have my next appointment as they are still meant to be every 2 weeks, but because we live so rurally I can only get appointments on a Mon and Wed so my next appointment would have been after my due date which I thought was a bit strange. Anyway I was told I should come in next Wed as that was 2 days before my due date and check that everything is OK and then if I still haven't gone into labour, the following Wed and they will check me out and see if there is anything that can be done to get things moving along.

Exercise

I took the decision to not bother doing any exercise yesterday and I think it was a good choice as I feel a lot more energetic today and went for a lovely 4 mile hike/walk today around the Knock and Wishing well. I did it in the reverse direction to last week as I figured if I was tired after the circuit of the Knock I could bail out and head home, but although I was quite tired I knew I was fine to add in the extra mile. I must admit though, I'm getting a bit twitchy about heading out on my own now. I knew there would be other people walking around there at that time of day but even still I phoned Al just as I was about to head off and when I got back. It was really muggy today and so I had to take it really steady up the hill as it was just so warm. As I came down the other side I was looking out to Loch Turret and the hills that guard the water below and was thinking 'did I really used to run over them on a regular basis?' It seems hard to imagine at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get back to it soon enough!

Tomorrow I am meeting the girls from my NHS classes for coffee/lunch, but if I feel OK I will try to get some exercise in before we meet. If mum is up to it I''l go to the gym with her, but if not I will either spin at home. If I can't face it in the morning I'll do it in the afternoon, but morning is usually better for doing cardio for me.

Friday I am meeting Liz for coffee in the morning so I'll probably do some Pilates later on - we'll see.

Sat - if Al wants to go to the speed session (shin splints flared up a little after last week's session) I'll tag along and go for a walk like last week.

That's the plan, but I'll definitely play it by how I feel each day as I really don't want to feel like I did on Monday.

Nesting

I'm feeling quite chuffed with myself as yesterday I finished my 'spring cleaning' and so the house is fully nested! Well I could always start painting the hallway (I know I wanted to get it done in the Easter Hols) but I don't think it is a good idea to start as I can't go up any ladders at the mo'. Hopefully it will stay dry today and Al can mow the grass as we seriously have the Serengetti Plane for a back garden. No joke - the grass has gone to seed and is waist height - hilarious! I reckon the next door neighbour is astounded as he cuts his grass after a cm growth! Thank god it can't be seen from the front or we would be seriously letting the village down on it's quest to place in Britain in Bloom (we qualified last year from doing so well in Scotland in Bloom).

So now it is on to baking! I'm feeling like some muffins need to be baked! Oh and better water those hanging baskets too! Mustn' t let the village down! Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaz, not long now, time seems to have flown by. Maybe not for you as you have been waiting and growing ...:-) Just wanted to wish you all the best for the coming weeks, the labour and the first few days and all.
    Silke

    ReplyDelete