Tuesday, February 9, 2010

20 Week Scan

20 Weeks and 4 Days

Today was fantastic as we had our 20 week scan. I had a wee panic last night and then just before we went in that all was not OK, but I kept telling myself as my bump is growing, surely all must be well and everything was.
The sonographer was fab as she spent ages with us checking everything. You could see all 4 chambers of the heart; the spine and ribs; the brain, the legs, feet, arms and hands and the kidneys which were all developing perfectly. You could also see wee one swallowing and waving arms and legs around. She showed us the blood flow down the umbilical cord and we could hear wee one's heart beat and then mine.
My favourite pics are the one of the leg (definitely a future skier / runner) and the one of the foot (so unbelievably cute!). It is incredible how much you can love something you've never actually met.



1 comment:

  1. Great scans pictures. Have you felt the baby move yet. I was 20 weeks when I did. I was on a long-haul flight and Marco was sleeping with head on my lap. I nearly knocked him out in all the excitement.

    ...I still think it's a boy.

    ReplyDelete