Monday, October 8, 2012

A Yummy, Simple Dinner; Meal Planning and 1 Hour Nap

Thought I'd record the meal I did tonight (Mon):


  • 2 beetroots
  • 4 carrots peeled, topped, tailed and cut into batons
  • 1 fennel quartered.
  • Lay into a roasting dish and drizzled in olive oil, honey and dill
  • Lay 2 Salmon fillets on top of veggies and also drizzled in honey and dill
  • Whack the lot into an oven (180 degrees) for about half an hour.
  • Serve with salad or rice depending on how big a meal you need. Delicious! 

Oh and I crumbled a little feta on top of the veggies for a calcium hit once served up.

L'il Runner has been menu planning and I realised I do do that but don't tend to do it formally so thought I might write it down for a wee change so here goes:


  • Also on the menu this week will be a mushroom and asparagus risotto which I'll no doubt make a tonne of and as there is no room in the freezer will have to be finished up another night (Tues/ Thurs)
  • Home made Pizza (Bought gluten/dairy free pizza bases) and I (or Murray and I) do the toppings. (Wed)
  • Friday will prob be pasta with chicken - either done as a creamy/cheesy sauce or with carrot juice instead of tomatoes - again I'll end up making extra, so will be Sat or Sunday too.


So that just leaves Sunday, but by that stage I will need to do another food shop so will prob tie that in with my new shop. Murray will eat the same as us, except instead of left overs I may keep up variety with a sweet potato and beans and cheese medley one day and an omelette another day.

Murray's really enjoying getting independent skills and as he wanted a rice cracker and honey for his pudding today, he helped spread the margarine and honey and was so chuffed with himself. Too cute.

The one hour nap is wrecking me during the day and he is exhausted and so does not want to be woken, but so far it has meant he has slept through, so I think it'll be here to stay until he starts his night time singing performances again and then it'll be time to bite the bullet and knock down to 30 mins!


No comments:

Post a Comment