Sunday, May 20, 2012

17 miles for 17 weeks! + Review of 1.5 hour naps

A good week for exercise:

After Thursday's shock, I did not go for my usual Friday swim and took it pretty easy altogether as I really felt pretty wiped out. However, I've had a good weekend and so my week's total is as follows:

Tue: 3 mile hike (I walk pretty fast and I definitely feel tired at the end of my hikes)
Wed: 110 lengths (~5.5)
Sat:: 4 mile hike + 30 mins pilates. Oooh, sore arms and butt the next day and as for my tummy muscles......
Sun: 60 min gym workout. (I would say atleast ~ to 5 miles)
Total: 17.5 miles.

I worked hard at the gym this am and it felt really good, but I must say I was out like a light while Murray napped today, so I need to make sure I don't push any harder! I was so zonked I woke up 30 mins after I was supposed to wake Murray, so he had a 2 hour nap today - yikes; I really hope I don't regret that tonight.


Sleep Review


This week we've been waking Murray after 1.5 hours of pm nap (he usually sleeps 2), as we are so fed up of the night time chatter/ singing/crashing and banging about that is impossible to sleep through. So far (touch wood) he's been sleeping better, but as I said he had 2 hours today. Still, he was up by half 2 and I ran him ragged at the animal park this afternoon, so finger's crossed!


Family Hiking


Saturday's Hike was lovely as we strapped Murray into the backpack and headed out for a good fast hike in Comrie. As Al is carrying Murray, he gets a decent workout too! Plus it has the added bonus of family time and Al and I can exercise together. Murray loved the walk on Sat as we saw calves; had to go over a bridge which he loves; touch moss on tree bark and the enjoy newly discovered joy of running through gorse bushes. He finds it hysterical to go through the bushes and for the leaves and flowers to tickle his face! Too funny watching him screw up his wee face and put his hands up in defence while giggling his head off! This was discovered by accident, but he kept asking for 'more, again' and was thoroughly disappointed when there were no more bushes! Such a boy! I love it!

Murray is really enjoying the backpack again at the mo' (he would hardly sit in it for quite a while and had to be seriously jollied along) which is really nice as a) we're getting more use out of it b) he gets to 'explore' his wider surroundings c) we get to hike together for a bit longer before bump 2 arrives.


No comments:

Post a Comment