Saturday, February 26, 2011

Tummy Time Super Star!

Murray has really got good at tummy time all of a sudden. Not sure if it is coincidence and he was ready to go, or if it is to do with the fact that his head is starting to round out and perhaps he doesn't have crick in his neck from being twisted at night thanks to his special pillow and sacro cranial. Either way, it is great to see. He will go from sitting and lean forward so he can go onto his tummy and while he still doesn't know how to roll from flat on his back, if he falls back from sitting onto his 'emergency landing' pillow he will roll round to his front. He can push right up with his arms and seems to enjoy the different view. Today I watched him turn 180 degrees on his stomach in order to reach the packet of wet wipes (he loves wet wipe packs - must be the crinkle)! I'm really going to have to sort out baby proofing the house as he is going to be on the move fairly soon!




Exercise + Cold

Put simply - I caught Murray's cold and this week has been a wash out!!!! The only highlight being a nice walk in warm spring weather on Thursday. It's a lovely day again today, so after lunch I think we are going to go out on a family tromp. At least my throat doesn't feel like razors when I swallow any more so I'm hoping I can get back on the horse next week.


Shifting Sleeping Patterns


Since Murray has had this cold his sleeping has been all over the place. He no longer goes back to sleep after first feed (except Thurs which was bliss) so plays until about 8.30 -9am and then has gone for a 2 hour nap. It's hard going as he's tired until he goes for his nap so doesn't play so well and keeps falling over as he's tired, but doesn't want to sleep! While the 2 hour nap has been good with me having the cold it does mean, if he stays at this pattern, that I'm a bit stuck in the house. Hmmm - I kind of liked his old routine! Oh well - we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. a 2 hour nap is great! I'm lucky if she sleeps that long in the afternoon. Morning we are usually out and about. Great job on the tummy time! and glad you are feeling better mama.

    ReplyDelete