Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Birthday!

It was my birthday on Friday and despite repeatedly forgetting earlier in the week, I ended up having a lovely day. It started with presents in bed which Murray helped me open. He loved all the paper and presents so much he actually sat for far longer than normal (not hard)  and it was actually quite relaxing. He got me a lovely mummy mug, while my hubby got me a really beautiful painting.

My mum cam round at about 11.30am to look after Murray and Al and I headed off for a much needed couple afternoon. We drove up to Pitlochry for lunch. It was so nice not to have to keep feeding someone else or keep finding toys/books to ensure M sat in his seat while we finished our meal!

After lunch we headed to Kinloch Rannoch. We were last up here for our 1 year anniversary, almost 5 years  ago, which seems like a whole different lifetime ago, which I guess is true! We had a lovely hike above the Loch. There was snow on distant peaks and it was really beautiful. It was great to get some time to chat with Al especially as we had banned all Murray chat! I love my son to pieces, but it was nice to have some time for us.



When we got home,mum had given Murray dinner, had read his stories and popped him into bed! Cheers mum, you're one in a million!

One year older, bring on the next one!



2 comments: