Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday Break and Nursery + General Round up!

Today is my Birthday so as a really lovely treat, Al and I booked into a hotel and left Murray with my parents. It took all morning to get everything organised for Murray/mum (food, clothes, schedule written down, instructions for steriliser.......) and then we had to pack for ourselves. I was knackered by the time we left!!!! You don't realise what you do automatically! Anyway it was soooooooo hard to leave Murray, especially as he woke with a bit of a cold, but after about a thousand cuddles Al managed to drag me away!
We had a lovely stay / meal / few wines and probably the most enjoyable part, the opportunity to lazily watch some TV this morning with a cup of coffee in bed and not having to get up, make bottle, get Murray's breakfast etc etc. It was so lovely to get home though and gets lots more cuddles and big smiles on our return.

In the afternoon we went to Tiso to have a look for a down jacket as I got lots of vouchers to spend there for my birthday (as well as massage and hot stones treatment at my gym's spa). I've wanted a down jacket for so long. I tried on 2 that I liked, but they only had a size 10 in one of them so I couldn't get a proper feel for what it would look like, so I will have to go to another shop and then make my decision.

Lower Cot

It took Murray quite a while to settle tonight and one of the times we went to resettle him he had rolled onto his front - nightmare - we've managed to avoid this so far, but he's really getting active now - time to move the cot to the lower setting I believe!


It's been a tough few weeks for exercise. Murray and Al were sick and that lasted nearly 2 weeks and as a result for those 2 weeks I think I managed to get out about twice. Then as soon as term finished I of course got sick (all teachers will know what I mean about the first week of hols curse). I was floored on the Saturday. Fortunately I didn't get it as bad as the  boys and felt a bit better already by the Sunday. I couldn't face exercise until Tuesday however. I did a spin and it kind of wiped me out, but by Fri I felt I could try to do another spin and this time I was able to push some of the intervals a bit harder. I was determined to get more than 2 workouts this week so got out to the gym yesterday after mass and thus managed to reserrect the week slightly with:
2 x 60 min spin (~12 miles from the 2 sessions)
1 x 3 mile walk with buggy
2 x 50 mins pilates (really tough after nopt doing much)
1 x hour gym session.

I'm determined to get a better week this week too.


I took Murray for his first settling in day last Thursday. I stayed with him for half an hour and then sneaked away and left him for an hour. He was really good and apparently spent the time trying to catch the sunbeams coming in through the window and hitting the floor! He was so happy to see me when I got back his legs and arms shook with joy!!!!

He goes in tomorrow for 2 hours and 3 hours on Friday before starting properly for whole sessions when I'm back at work for the summer term. Although I'd prefer to be with him 100% of the time, as I have to work, I felt a lot happier leaving him this time than when I went to visit in Feb. He looks so much more robust now and I think it will be good for his socialisation. I think what I'll find hard tough is leaving him to go to the gym in addition to these times for work, I'll have to though as I just have to do exercise for my own sanity!!!!

Car seat

I was rather organised and got Murray's next car seat ordered a wee while back. As it turns out it has taken him longer tonhit 9kgs than I thought ( I need to get him weighed to see if he has reached it or not) so he hasn't been  out in the car in it.

Some Random Mummy and Murray Silliness!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! That sounds wonderful!!
    I remember doing the same thing with Nick and sticking him in the carseat in the living room. It was totally exciting!