Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas and New Year 2011

We had a lovely Christmas this year. It was quite exciting having Wee Murray running around instead of just sitting and sleeping like last year!

Call us mad, but Al and I set the alarm for 6am so we could have a quiet cup of coffee in bed before the craziness of the day started, and I'm really glad we did. It was nice to chill out for a short while before the day started.

Al's folks came to Mass with us in Comrie which was really nice. I had to laugh as Murray (for the first time) did a really stinky poo in his nappy during Mass. If we had been at Crieff, it would have been fine as the Priest's house attaches to the church, but in the tiny wee chapel in Comrie, there is no where, so I had to take Murray back to our car (a few mins walk away). I managed to hold on until after communion, but I nearly knocked the Canon out when we went up for communion! HAHA! When I got to the car I realised I had dropped my keys in the church, so had to carry the big lump back to the church and then back to the car, so by the time I had changed him, Mass was over - ah well!

When we got home, we put the turkey in the oven, and Murray down for his nap and Al and I headed out for a run/the gym respectively. It was kind of sad not to be running with Al this year, but that's life - at least I got a workout. When we got home, my parents arrived and we got Murray up and we all opened our presents. My dad got Murray a sledge and Murray loved it. He sat in it and said bubbles, because he thought it was like his bath!!!! He also got a his first pair of skis which are so gorgeous and just like the pair I had at 18 months.

I was so busy on Christmas day that I didn't hardly have a chance to take any pics, but my mum in law took a few, so when she emails them I'll post them, but  we did take a video of Murray practising using his ski poles! I just looove it!

New Year was an altogether quieter affair. I cooked Al and I a nice meal and we had a few wines, but I'm afraid I still didn't manage to stay up to the bells! Maybe next year!

Did I make any New Year's resolutions? Nope, not really. I'm sure Murray will keep me learning in the ways of being a mummy. I have booked Al and I a night away in January. Our club always has a dinner dance in Jan, so we've booked to stay overnight for that. I'm really looking forward to getting ready without having to juggle doing hair and make up with bed time routine and also being able to have a few wines without the worry of having to get up in the night! I've also booked a family weekend away in Feb in Aviemore to go skiing. It's my sister's and brother in law's birthdays close to the weekend so it will be celebration weekend for them too. It'll be really nice to introduce Murray to skiing and to get skiing myself as it has been a few years, between pregnancy and young baby ties!

In an effort to make sure Al and I get some baby free time together, we headed out for a hike together while Murray had a day of fun with my folks. Al is doing a club team race in a few weeks and didn't know his route so we recc-ed that. It is only about 3.7 miles, but we walked out and back as it is a point to point and we only had one car which made it a nice 7 miles. It was pretty blowy on the tops and there were a few snow flurries on the way back, but it was great to be out and we rounded the day off with a lazy lunch/dinner. I must admit it was rather nice not to be eating and feeding Murray or trying to keep him in his high chair for longer than 5 mins!

Here are some pics from our hike.

 Trying to stay upright! - Note the rab down jacket - fantastic Xmas present - I've never been so warm!

Oh and Murray is now completely off his bottles.. He was just having 1 at night, but he now has his milk in a cup while we do bed time stories and he's adjusted just fine. I wanted him off them by 18 months and he is, so that's a good feeling!

All the best to everyone for 2012. I hope it is a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you all.
    The video is hilarious.
    I agree that that the bells are about two hours too late.
    Hope to see you soon.
    Debs xx